VideoThe British TV star has shared disturbing details about his alleged 'kidnapping'.

Pete Davidson’s ex-partner Elsie Hewitt has appeared to suggest she has been left parenting their baby daughter alone following their split.

A week after news broke that the couple had gone their separate ways, Hewitt took to TikTok with a video.

The model, who shares five-month-old daughter Scottie Rose with the Saturday Night Live star, addressed criticism about her appearance in recent paparazzi photos while also referencing the realities of new motherhood.

“Yeah yeah, I know. I’m exhausted OK? I should’ve left the house looking nicer yesterday. I should’ve known that was going to happen,” she began.

“That’s not what I’m thinking about right now, because I have a baby to take care of, and I also have to work and make money, and I’m doing it on my own, which is hard,” she further whispers.

Read more...

The comments sparked immediate reaction from followers, with many questioning whether she was referring to both emotional and financial support.

“I hope you don’t mean you’re doing the financial part alone … that would be insane given the circumstances,” one person commented.

“Very unfair to have to do this alone,” another wrote.

“That dude is rich so he can pay up,” claimed another.

The couple, who welcomed daughter Scottie in December, reportedly split earlier this month after what sources described as growing strain in the relationship following the birth.

“Pete has been travelling so much for work, but Elsie was craving more support from him at home after their daughter was born,” a source told The Sun.

“It was very hard for him because, obviously, he has to work to make money.”

Another insider said the separation was still fresh, with both parties now focused on their daughter.

“They are just focusing 100 per cent on Scottie. Working out the best co-parenting solution is their top priority,” they said.

However, Hewitt’s TikTok has fuelled speculation about how “co-parenting” is currently working in practice.

In response, Davidson’s camp has strongly denied any suggestion he has stepped back from responsibility.

“Pete has made himself extremely available and has provided full financial support. Pete is actually covering all Scottie costs and more,” an insider close to the star, who famously dated Kim Kardashian, told People.

“He is hoping Elsie has good health and success for the sake of their daughter.”

Meanwhile, Davidson’s joke about Charlie Kirk struck a nerve with audiences this month.

The joke was made during a three hour Netflix special, The Roast of Kevin Hart.

While streaming live from a Californian theatre, Davidson poked fun at comedian Tony Hinchcliffe.

“Tony Hinchcliffe’s here looking like both a child molester and the doll they give the child to show where he touched them,” he said.

Then Davidson made the joke about Kirk, who was fatally shot in September at a university campus in Utah, USA.

“Tony reminds me of Charlie Kirk, in that he’s definitely been on camera letting a guy unload in his throat,” he said.

When Davidson’s joke was met with groans from the audience, he said, “Oh, you don’t know me?”.

Kirk, founder of the conservative non-profit Turning Point USA, was speaking at an event when he was allegedly shot in the neck by Tyler Robinson, which was captured on video and shared online.

While on the microphone, Davidson also made jokes about Lizzo, Chelsea Handler, and Jeff Ross.

Other celebrities in attendance included Dwayne Johnson and Tom Brady.

The comments about Kirk were addressed in the latest episode of the Charlie Kirk Show podcast.

The show’s executive producer Andrew Kolvet labelled the material as “distasteful”.

“It’s not that we don’t love humour and we can’t laugh along with actually funny jokes,” he said.

“This is about somebody who was murdered in really the most grotesque, public way imaginable, and he happens to be our close friend.

“I don’t think it was funny, and when I saw the clip this morning, my instinct was, I just cringed.

“For this particular moment...it just felt distasteful.”

Jimmy Kimmel Live! was pulled off air for six days in September after Kimmel made comments about the death of Kirk.

Lifeline: 13 11 14.

Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.

Sign up for our emails