Bunbury bar closed after kitchen fire
Bunbury’s popular Yours or Mine bar has been forced to close its doors “until further notice” after a fire caused extensive damage to the venue’s kitchen today.
Firefighters raced to the Victoria Street bar about 1.25pm and were able to bring the flames under control quickly, but the blaze is estimated to have caused $25,000 in damage.
The South Western Times was told the fire started in the kitchen where staff were cooking a rotisserie, with flames getting into the vents.
No one was hurt in the blaze.
Owner Jenny Spencer told the Times the bar would be closed until further notice with the clean up ahead set to be a big task.
Ms Spencer said she was relieved no one was hurt and thanked the outpouring of well wishes she had already received.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails