Bushfire Watch and Act issued for Yallingup, Injidup
A bushfire Watch and Act has been issued for people in and near the Injidup community, in an area surrounded by Sainsbury Loop and Wyadup Road in the eastern part of Yallingup in the City of Busselton.
There is a possible threat to lives and homes as a fire is approaching in the area and conditions are changing.
WHAT TO DO:
- If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
- If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
- If you plan to stay and actively defend, do not rely on mains water pressure as it may be affected. You need to have access to an independent water supply, and start patrolling your property to put out spot fires.
- At all times close all doors and windows and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
- If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.
A bushfire Advice has been issued for people in an area bounded by Wyadup Road to the west and south and Caves Road to the east.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Some roads may be closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au for updates.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails