Withers delivery ban to stay indefinitely
Domino’s Pizza will keep its delivery ban to several streets in Withers in place indefinitely after a 20-year-old driver was allegedly threatened at knife point last week.
Three 15-year-old children are among a group of people who have been charged over the frightening incident, which allegedly occurred about 10.30pm last Tuesday.
The Domino’s worker was delivering pizzas to a home at Stallard Place where he was allegedly confronted by the group.
Police say the group surrounded the driver and his vehicle before one of the alleged offenders threatened him with a knife, demanding food and cash.
It is alleged the group stole the food before the man was able to flee in his car.
Police have charged two 15-year-old boys and a 15-year-old girl, all from Withers, and a 20-year-old Brunswick man with aggravated robbery.
All are due to face court.
It comes more than a year after the fast food company stopped deliveries to several streets in Withers after drivers had been targeted by anti-social behaviour.
A Domino’s spokesman told the Bunbury Herald the driver involved in the latest alleged incident was not physically harmed and he had been offered counselling.
“Domino’s has procedures in place to minimise the amount of cash carried by team members or held on premises,” he said.
“Our number one priority is the safety of our staff and we are currently focused on their well-being.”
The spokesman said the company was taking advice from police, but was not making any further restrictions “at this time”.
It is understood Hudson Road, Westwood Street, Wilkerson Way and Whitley, Hooper, Mawson, Poinciana and Hester places are on the company’s no-delivery list.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails